What you can expect from FRow Friends
- To meet with you to discuss the scheme and the possibility of you volunteering.
- To offer you an induction training prior to placing you with a client
- You will be introduced to your client by your coordinator.
- That after a trial period of approximately 6 weeks we will review with you and your client how the visits are progressing.
- Regular contact with a coordinator to discuss your volunteering successes and any problems.
- To provide adequate insurance cover for volunteers whilst undertaking voluntary work approved and authorised by us.
- We will provide the opportunity for training throughout the year following the initial induction training session.
- We will try to resolve fairly any problems, grievances or difficulties you may have while you volunteer with us.
- If you wish to stop visiting or leave the scheme, we will help you to finish in a planned way.
- Do our best to help you develop your volunteering role with us and assist you with achieving any goals you may have, if you so wish.
What we expect of our volunteers
- To visit your client on a regular basis
- To treat your client with respect, kindness, politeness, and honesty.
- We encourage you to do things together – this might include baking, making a cup of tea or pottering in the garden.
- To respect your client’s right to confidentiality unless their wellbeing is at risk
- If you have any concerns about your client’s health and well-being then contact a coordinator.
- To let the client know if you cannot visit at the time arranged.
- If you wish to stop visiting your client you will give us as much notice as possible.
- To follow and work within the guidelines in this handbook and the separate Befriender/Client Agreement.
What we expect from our members/clients/buddies
- To treat you with respect, kindness, politeness, and honesty
- To let you know if you need to cancel a visit
- To follow and work with the guidelines in our handbook and the separate Befriender/Client Agreement
An application form can be picked up from the Parish Council office:
The Community Centre, Hartfield Road, Forest Row, RH18 5DZ
or downloaded from here: FRow Friends befriending handbook may 2018